SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team.
SAIC is seeking an experienced, Sr Electro/Optic Engineer or Physicist to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic team working on a cutting edge program in support of national security objectives. Qualified candidates must have a current TS level clearance with polygraph.
- The Sr. Electro/Optic EE or Physicist in a highly technical position with a focus on Lens/Optics who supports multiple project teams as both a contributor and a leader. In this position the Sr. engineer will review vendor requirements and confirm during development and delivery the requirements are being met; mechanically, electrically and functionally.
- The Sr. engineer will support review and analysis of technical documentation such as specifications, interface control documents and system link budgets. Test witnessing/verification and data review of the hardware, software and fpga are included.
- The Sr. EE/Physicist will demonstrate technical skills in telecommunications networks with focus in all things electro/optic, communications, and transport technologies and applications. This position requires the engineer to interface with associate contractors, customers, and development vendors as the project teams technical representative. Technical reports, presentations and white paper generating are also included as functions of this position.
QualificationsTYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have active TS//SCI security clearance with polygraph
- Requires a BS or MS in Physics, Electrical or Optical Engineering and 14+ years of experience; Masters 12 years or more experience; PhD or Dr. and 9 years or more experience
- Generate and evaluate specifications and interface documentation for end to end fiber optic telecommunications systems
- Analyze and evaluate line termination equipment for fiber optic telecommunications systems
- Generate optical power link budget analyses on program fiber optic telecommunication systems
- Generate technical reports and white papers on topics of high interest to customer programs
- Must have experience with conducting routine open source research on trends and new products in the fiber optic telecommunication industry and report on the impacts of new technologies on current and future customer programs
- Must have experience with photonic, optics, telecom or interferomics
- Willingness to support monthly vendor meetings (10% travel)
- Candidates must have significant experience designing and analyzing fiber optic telecommunications systems are highly desired.
- Must have hands on lab experience with the ability to design/setup/run lab tests.
- Prior work in the fiber optic telecommunications system provider is consider a plus but is not essential. The ability to work well individually as well as part of a team and to effectively interface with customers, other contractors and vendors is essential.
Apply on company website