SAIC is seeking a Sr. Java Developer to support the VIBES Engineering Team.
Note: The role supports the VIBES program located at Aberdeen Proving Grounds and allows for 100% telework for anyone in the continental United States.
Work as part of a team of software engineers, systems administrators, database administrators/developers, network engineers and Subject Matter Experts (SME).
Perform software engineering including requirements analysis, design, coding, integration, and testing of complex distributed web-based systems for intelligence data processing applications.
Work with system engineers, data scientists, and subject matter experts to transform concepts into requirements, and requirements into a structured software design for implementation by the development team.
Work in a collaborative agile software engineering team on scrum sprints to integrate software, services, compute, and storage requirements to achieve optimal performance of the system and applications comprising the system.
Conduct software development activities on pre-production environments and support the software lifecycle and deployment of the system and the applications and data comprising the system to pre-production and operational environments.
Analyze complexity and level of effort of features and capabilities and provides input into the software lifecycle management process.
Provide guidelines/best practices and direction to domain architects on business process, application architecture, database management and infrastructure.
Operate across organizational groups to drive standardization of common approaches and best practices. The goal is to deliver services based architecture that supports company's business needs using right technology mix.
Design and develop new software features
Maintain existing code through defect correction and refactoring
Participate in technical design
Write stored procedures, triggers and update the data model
Provide unit tests for all code
Conduct code reviews with other developers
Follow best practices for software development in a cloud based environment
Required Education and Experience
- High School Degree and 13 years of experience OR Bachelors from an accredited institute preferably in a Technical Computer Field (preferred concentration in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline) and nine (9) years or more experience
- Active Top Secret clearance. Must be able to obtain SCI within 6 months (Clearance must be listed in JPAS).
- 5+ years' experience in Linux (RHEL and CentOS) development environments
- 5+ years' experience with Java language, development environment, and tools
- 3+ years' experience with Atlassian JIRA for issue/bug tracking
- 3+ years' experience with software version control using Atlassian Bitbucket / Git
- Experience managing development operations (DEVOPS) on Amazon Web Services
- Experience working with AWS VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, and/or CLI
- Strong experience in web architecture and development using virtual machines and cloud
- Strong experience in top-down architecture analysis and object-oriented design of complex distributed systems creating functional cohesion, loose coupling, and well-defined interfaces
- Strong experience in communicating and documenting system requirements, architecture, and design to project stakeholders, developers, testers, and end users
- Strong self-starter with leadership experience managing software development team
- Experience working in a collaborative Agile environment
- Experience with task estimating and planning
- Must have strong analytic, written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Solid understanding of IP network technologies and software tools for performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Strong abilities troubleshooting and tuning distributed environments processing high volume of transactions
- In depth technical understanding of systems, databases, networking, and computing environments
- Basic knowledge with DoD Cyber Security auditing, continuous monitoring and analysis
- Possesses strong analytical skills and have good interpersonal and communications skills in dealing with multiple contractor and government organizations
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently, but also within a team
- Must be able to learn quickly in a highly technical fast paced environment.
Apply on company website