SAIC is seeking an organized and motivated System engineer who will work effectively in a fast-paced environment. You will work at 28 Jacome Way, Middletown, RI, and/or the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport. You will be part of a collaborative team of engineers and support technicians working to bring a variety of designs from the early concept stage all the way through fabrication.
You will need broad engineering skillsets, well-developed work habits, and an eagerness and enthusiasm for solving engineering challenges. Your projects will include concept development; requirements development, design, and analysis; baseline management; architecture development; product evaluation, validation and verification; decision analysis; and/or system transition planning.
The System Engineer's activities and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
• Providing system-level engineering support and expertise to a cross-functional team.
• Providing preliminary solutions to engineering problems of moderate scope and complexity in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner.
• Hardware design and development.
• Authoring and maintenance of technical documentation, such as Requirements Specifications, Concepts of Operation, Product and Performance Specifications, Interface Control Documents, Compliance Matrices, Qualification Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports.
• Development and documentation of engineering processes and standards in support of customer requirements.
Required Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience with a degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited college or university
• 5+ years experience in the Systems Engineering field
• Cameo System Modeling experience
• Must possess a Secret Clearance
• Electro-mechanical hardware design and engineering
• Experience with the marine environment and naval operations and systems
• MK48 experience
Apply on company website