SAIC is looking for a Strategic Communications Manager to provide expert communications within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering. The position requires close interaction with senior leadership staff within the Pentagon and across the Department of Defense (DoD) Science and Technology community, including Components, industry partners, academia, international partners, and associations. In coordination with senior government leadership, the communications manager will work with the team to achieve organizational goals and objectives by administering the communications and public relations initiatives as determined by the larger organizational strategic planning process; advance the importance of the promotion and protection of strategic technology with relevant constituents (government, industry, academia, international partners); develop and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external associations and organizations.
- Develop high-quality written products, briefing materials, presentations, and other public facing products that convey accurate and compelling messaging.
- Coordinate with leadership to arrange, host, and/or represent the office as speakers at technical conferences and symposia.
- Serve as editor for the development, production, and maintenance of the organizations internal and external communication vehicles.
- Develop and execute tactical strategic communications plans for customer initiatives, publications, and articles.
- Manage and monitor engagements with technical and professional organizations.
- Coordinate with appropriate DoD agencies for public release of briefings, papers and other communications products.
- Active Top Secret clearance and ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, or communications
- 7 years relevant experience providing strategic communications and public affairs support to senior executive level government officials or C-Suite level in private sector
- Experience working in the defense community (industry, military, government civilian, or contract support); preferably direct experience with an engineering organization
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and discretion in performing a variety of duties and interacting with various levels of staff across multiple locations
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, prioritization, and organizational skills; proven ability to assess, select, and use a variety of methods and tools
- Experience in planning and coordinating technical reviews, panels, or similar meetings with diverse participants; experience in preparing, coordinating, and presenting briefings
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
- Graduate degree in communications, journalism, or media is preferred
- Experience working in DoD Science and Technology
- Experience working in Systems Engineering domain
Apply on company website