SAIC is looking for outstanding IT candidates to join our Civilian Markets Group in support of the Federal Aviation Administration Integrated Service Center (FAA ISC). SAIC leads the way to provide customer-centric IT Service Management (ITSM) focused on improving service, and leveraging processes and strategies with an emphasis on timely IT services and support.
You will be part of the Tech Dispatch team, responsible for onsite support of incidents and service requests that cannot be resolved remotely by Service Center Staff. In this role you resolve, track, and manage escalated technical problems within Remedy. Travel may be required to support remote FAA sites that do not have local technicians assigned.
• Installs software, modifies settings, and replaces hardware as required to resolve the incident.
• Resolves desktop and network issues to restore service.
• Understands premise wiring/cabling best practices.
• Uses ITSM and Remedy ticket processes to document actions taken and executes hardware or software deployment.
• Supports lifecycle asset management (LCAM) of IT equipment – deployment through exchange/disposal.
• Ensures troubleshooting and resolutions are accomplished using industry best practices, resolves technical issues, ensures issues resolved per FAA direction, and documents installed configuration.
• Makes updates to the knowledge base by creating documentation describing issues encountered, their resolutions, and works on the development of processes and documentation to improve the ability of the service desk to detect and resolve problems.
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Technical proficiency in supporting desktop, server, printer, and network equipment.
• IT Certification(s)
• HDI Certification(s)
Apply on company website