SAIC has an opening for a Unified Communications SME. The Unified Communications SME will support classified and unclassified networks and systems. Provides high level support to voice, video, and data systems. This support includes activities throughout the lifecycle of the system (defining requirements, designing solutions, procurement of equipment, installing systems, operating systems in support of the end user, and troubleshooting any system failures.) Experience working independently without supervision in a fast-paced military environment is a must. Demonstrate knowledge and experience in configuration, implementation, and maintenance of voice, data, and video communications systems. Demonstrate good working knowledge of telecommunications industry as well as voice system design and engineering. Demonstrate ability to understand and apply technical concepts and ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools. Demonstrate knowledge and experience of basic understanding of infrastructure wiring/connectivity. Knowledge in design and software support for IP, VoIP, PBX, voice mail, voice networks, and video systems.
- Security + Certification or CCNA Security
- Top Secret/SCI clearance is required
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
- Cisco CCNA Voice certification (or higher or equivalent experience/knowledge).
- Demonstrated ability to configure, install and troubleshoot secure voice devices.
- Extensive experience with Cisco IP telephony products including Unified Communications Manager, Unified Contact Center Express, Unity Connection, and Unified Presence.
- Extensive experience with LAN technologies such as IP routing, switching, call routing, call management, call admission control, Quality of Service, network security, and network management.
- Extensive experience with interconnection of multiple Voice over IP (VoIP) telephony systems via LAN and WAN connections utilizing Gatekeeper controlled and Assured Services SIP trunking.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot complex voice network related problems to include: call routing/dial plan management, one-way audio, SCCP registration errors, poor call quality, codec miss-matches, transcoding, and conferencing.
- Experience working independently and installing, operating, maintaining, configuring, s, and troubleshoot IT systems devices, circuits, cables, components, software, and end-user devices, components, and connectivity.
- Experience supporting customers' needs in large, medium, and small-scale operational environments and use all available resources.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills in making the appropriate technical decisions.
- Must be motivated, adaptable, flexible, and able to produce quality results in an evolving, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) and Circuit Switching systems
- Experience in the following Specific TDM Switching platform: Avaya CM6
- Experience with various operating systems to include Linux, and Cisco IOS Command line interface (CLI).
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and customers.
- Understanding of system networking over diverse topologies and environments to understand the limitations and advantages of different network/system architectures.
Apply on company website