SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Unix Systems Administrator to join our team in the Herndon, VA area.
- Seeking a senior level Linux administrator to provide 24/7 support of large mission critical systems. Additional resources are needs as TASPD takes on the management of CSPD infrastructure.
- This position entails support of the Operating System configuration and associated file systems, log files, processes, problem determination, problem resolution, software, administration tools, utilities, security, and hardware.
- Providing leadership role in troubleshooting, investigation of production issues (50%).Linux
- Actively monitors, analyzes, suggests and documents infrastructure processes with a focus on technology growth, performance, reliability and security (20%).
- Coordinating with clients, management team, application teams data center and users (20%).
- Working effectively as a team member with the cross-functional development and systems management disciplines to identify requirements and subsequently leading projects in the implementation of infrastructure solutions (10%).
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related engineering field and a minimum 9 years of technical experience or equivalent blend of years of education & experience
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a CBP BI Public Trust to start work.
Citizenship: Must be a US Citizen
- Strong experience in Red Hat Linux administration
- Experience with server virtualization (VMware, KVM)
- Knowledge of application/Web server administration
- Knowledge of DNS and BIND
- Knowledge of Oracle directory services, LDAP, and AD
- Basic knowledge of cisco firewalls routers and switches; network/storage connectivity configuration and troubleshooting (CCNA a plus)
- Knowledge of Oracle 11g administration a plus
- Oracle Exadata system administration, scripting/automation is a plus Preferred:
- Experience with Exadata is a plus.
- Experience with Docker and SELinux is a plus
- Experience with RedHat Satallite 6 or CloudFoms is a plus
- Experience with management of Cloud infrastructure like Amazon, Azure or Google is a plus
- Experience with system management tools/languages, Ansible, puppet is a plus
- Experience with scripting languages, bash, python, perl, etc is a plus
Apply on company website