DescriptionSAIC is seeking an experienced Windows System Administrator to begin an exciting and challenging career supporting NOAA. This position will install new software releases and system upgrades as well as evaluate and install patches and resolve software-related problems. Work after hours and at other NOAA facilities may be required periodically.
Location: Suitland, MD.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work to collect requirements from the diverse customer base, perform the appropriate analysis, develop the strategic roadmap, and all associated documentation.
• Act as the primary point of contact between the Desktop Team the Windows Server Team and Engineering Teams.
• Serve as a subject matter expert with regards to Windows Active Directory and Associate services.
• Design, implement and configure the systems needed to support an enterprise AD infrastructure and an enterprise windows desktop environment consisting of 20,000 Pcs and laptops.
• Manage the day to day activities of the Windows Desktop Team.
• Ensure that the 20,000 Windows PCs and laptops in the environment are patched and in compliance security requirements.
• Manage and be familiar with SCOM 2012, SCCM 2012 BigFix, and BigFix.
• Create training material(s) to provide to the customer on all solutions implemented.
• Create standard operating procedures on all solutions implemented.
• Research, evaluate and remain current on emerging tools, techniques and IT technologies.
• Work closely with client to perform technical and requirements analysis. Duties:
• Install new software releases and system upgrades
• Evaluate and install patches and resolve software-related problems
• Perform system backups and recovery
• Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity
• Maintain responsibility for system security and data integrity
• Assign passwords and monitor use of resources
• Produce IT Security artifacts, business reports, data call reports, forms, etc.
• Perform additional duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree and 8 years of related experience equivalent.
• Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project)
• Experience managing Windows Domain Controllers and Active Directory
• Experience using Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) patch server
• Experience implementing Group Policy
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Highly detail-oriented and productivity-oriented
• Organized, timely, and customer service-oriented
• Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
• Adaptability, flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity and change
• Excellent attention to detail and good analytical skills
• Government experience preferred
• Experience with the following software preferred: o Powershell o SolarWinds o TripWire o VMware ESXi o SCCM
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance
• United States Citizenship
Apply on company website