SAIC has an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator supporting C4ES USCENTCOM. The position is based in Tampa, Florida.
- The Systems Administrator will be responsible for maintaining and updating Windows Server environment for the USCENTCOM enterprise.
- Setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Assist in the implementation of policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades.
- Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Reviews the efficiency and effectiveness of the process for controlling problems.
- Performs a variety of difficult assignments associated with monitoring and controlling computer operating systems.
- Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Evaluates and installs developed software during various phases of testing.
- Reviews and prepares documentation for systems, tests and installation of software.
- Investigates and recommends methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Initiates preventive maintenance on the operating systems as well as repair to system/environment problems.
- Administers systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules.
- Interfaces with vendors for trouble calls.
- Supports the planning of system/environment requirements for individual projects.
- Producing management information related to problem management.
- Allocating resources to support efforts related to problem management.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of error control and making recommendations for improving.
- Ensuring problems are escalated and tracked at the proper priority level.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
- Active DoD Top Secret/SCI Clearance is required.
- Current Security + CE certification
- Experience working with Windows Server, VMware, MS Exchange and Active Directory.
- ITIL V3
Apply on company website