SAIC is hiring for the position of a Windows and VMWare Administrator. This person is responsible for maintaining the operational status of VMWare systems, desktops and Windows systems and will work closely with other members of the IT Operations department on the program. The duties of this position are to provide broad spectrum Windows support to complex enterprise solutions. The candidate will be required to work both independently and collaboratively to address incidents, problems, provide access management, and contribute to infrastructure enhancement projects. The candidate will operate Windows-based platforms and services, including Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, and other standard services on a regular basis. Responsibility also includes monitoring alerts, managing the ticket queue, and keeping documentation up to date. Candidate is required to have strong analysis and decision-making skills with the ability to participate in briefings, participate in technical cross-functional meetings, strong commitment to process, and understanding of change and configuration management principles. Candidate must be willing to provide 24/7 coverage (on-call rotation) and participate in after-hours Windows Update patching on a rotational basis.
- Operation and maintenance of Windows server systems running Windows MS Server (2019, 2016, 2012, 2008)
- Operation and maintenance of the enterprise VMware environment
- Operation of Windows Active Directory infrastructures, DNS and user administration
- Provide tier II support for the IT Service Desk
- Participate in after-hours weekly shifts that respond to business emergency requests (on-call rotation)
- Participate in after-hours monthly patching rotation
- Installations of new software and system upgrades including evaluation and installation of MS patches
- Actively monitor systems and resolve issues
- Collaborate with the rest of the Windows and VMWare teams to perform project tasks in support of large projects
- Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years of relevant experience. Additional work experience is acceptable in lieu of a Degree.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 2012 R2
- Practical experience managing enterprise VMware environments, including DRS, HA, SRM, and vCenter
- Good knowledge of Active Directory, GPOs, DNS and other Windows core services.
- Ability to learn new products and technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability of end-to-end problem management and ownership
- Ability to create and manage work instructions, system and project documentation.
- Desired Experience/Skills/Attributes:
- Understanding of MS Exchange, InTune and mobile devices.
- Scripting knowledge to automate tasks and processes, PowerShell.
- Understanding of system security concepts and mitigation strategies (POAMs, vulnerabilities)
- Conceptual or practical knowledge of SAN and or NAS systems.
- Ability to manage endpoints with enterprise tools such as BigFix
- Experience with backup solutions, particularly Tivoli Storage Manager and Veeam.
- Clearance Requirement:
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance prior to starting work.
Apply on company website