Bishop Spencer Place is Kansas City's premier retirement community and is proud to be part of the Saint Luke's Health System. We care currently looking for a career-minded Registered Nurse MDS Coordinator to be responsible for the following accountabilities:
- Leads the MDS process to create a resident's individualized plan of care and to support the collection of quality measure data.
- Completes and consistently documents all information on the MDS within time frame. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team, resident, and family members to obtain appropriate data.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with state federal and professional standards. Supports the professional practice model and shared governance activities.
- Assesses, plans, and prioritizes resident nursing needs according to current standards of nursing practice and CMS guidelines.
- Ensures that care is provided in accordance with the resident's wishes as documented in the resident's individualized care plan. Evaluates and educates staff to provide care that reflects sensitivity in identifying and meeting resident and family educational, emotional, physical and spiritual needs.
- Develop and implement training for resident assessment, staff care plan skills, and effective communications.
- Works with Director to manage financial performance through efficient workflows/processes, and other initiatives.
- Assists with effective admission, transfer, and discharge of residents. Works with staff to identify resident needs and facilitates coordination of resources across the continuum of care and community.
Applicable Experience:Less than 1 yearRegistered Nurse (MO) - National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NURSYS) Job Details Full timeDay (United States of America)
"The best place to get care. The best place to give care." That is the Saint Luke's vision and, whether in a hospital, clinic, practice, or office, our more than 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Saint Luke's employees are proud of our rich history and heritage, and that we remain the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's means joining a team of exceptional professionals who always strive for excellence in patient care. Take this opportunity to do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive work space where all voices matter.
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users.
Apply on company website