POSITION: Manager - Finance
DEPARTMENT: Finance, Partner Brands
REPORTS TO: AVP - Finance
LOCATION: St. Petersburg, Florida (SalonCentric National Operations Center)
SalonCentric, a wholly owned subsidiary of L'Oréal is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Manager of Finance. This position will be heavily focused on promotional finance management, interaction with both internal and external teams and report generation for forecasting, budgeting and influencing multiple P&L line items. Candidate must have a great sense of professionalism and excellent verbal and written communication skills. SalonCentric is a fast-paced environment with lots of opportunities to learn, advance, and be challenged to grow professionally.
The position is expected to perform complex ad hoc analysis on a regular basis, assist in special projects, support the development of presentation materials for executive leadership, and continuously identify opportunities for process improvements. This opportunity is perfect for Finance candidates with 1-2 years of Manager-level experience, or Analysts/Senior Analysts looking to take the next step in their career.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Budget & Trend Activities
- Building P&L lines by month/channel for Budget/Trend and input into internal systems
- Price Mix Analysis
- Trade allowances and promotional analysis
- Cost Of Goods Analysis
- Analyze sales by Channel/Month
- Assist with creation of presentations to upper Management
- Monthly Close Activities
- Sales Reporting
- Dashboard creation
- Journal Entry Preparation
- Balance Review and Resolution of Open Items
- Product and channel mix analysis
- Confirm all month end activity on the P&L and ensure accuracy.
- Daily refresh of P&L Bridge as well as GL Accounts to spot inconsistencies
- Analyze monthly business results vs plan and develop robust commentary on variances
- Promotional Activities
- Finance Systems Training and user maintenance
- Participate in semi-annual promotional meetings
- Lead the semi-annual approval process of product promotions
- Other Duties as assigned
- Liaise with multiple category management teams within SalonCentric
- Advise on Promotional Activities within supported categories
- Communication with external vendors regarding inquires and disputes with our bill back process.
- Bachelor's Degree required, focus in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related field preferred.
- 4-6 years (minimum) work experience in a related field
- Professional communication skills, strong business acumen and a strong sense of urgency.
- Comfortable having difficult conversations with business partners and clearly stating business requirements. Strong soft skills are a plus.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel with ability to work with Pivot Tables, macros and large data sets.
- Familiarity with SAP, Power BI, MS Access and MS PowerPoint desirable.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, highly proactive, ability to work with multiple teams.
- Skill set for identifying problems, risks and opportunities.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast changing environment
- Comfortable with a changing environment
- Ability to work with various levels of management throughout the organization
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks/projects
- Entrepreneurial work ethic and self-motivated
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strong interest in advancement
SALON CENTRIC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND AFFORDS EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL APPLICANTS FOR ALL POSITIONS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, GENDER (INCLUDING PREGNANCY), NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR ANY OTHER STATUS PROTECTED UNDER LOCAL, STATE OR FEDERAL LAWS.
Apply on company website