Non-credit instructors serve as temporary part-time faculty and are appointed as needed on a semester by semester basis. The primary duty is effective teaching of non-credit courses covering Amazon Web Services.
San Juan College is committed to building a diverse faculty and staff, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek an individual invested in equity and inclusiveness, who has experience with, knowledge of, and sensitivity to the needs of diverse populations.
Duties and Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• This position reports to the Director and is responsible for developing and revising instructional materials; presenting material in an organized manner; evaluating student learning; maintaining student records; teaching day, evening, weekend, and on-line classes, as assigned; teaching at the main and/or satellite campuses, as assigned; demonstrating and promoting the school values of: Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
• Successful candidates must have a demonstrated teaching experience for the relevant subject matter and relevant certifications and credentials. Preference will be given to candidates with advanced degrees relevant to the subject area to be taught.
• Topics taught may include one or more of the following: AWS Academy Cloud Foundations (in preparation for the AWS Cloud Practitioner exam), AWS Academy Cloud Architecture (in preparation for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Associate exam), AWS Academy Cloud Development (in preparation for the AWS Certified Developer- Associate exam), AWS Academy Cloud Operations (in preparation for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator- Associate exam)
• Experience with traditional face-to-face, hybrid and online courses and the ability to use San Juan College's Learning Management System (Canvas) as well as technology-enhanced curriculum. Access to home internet, a personal computer, and telephone is required.
• Demonstrates skill and willingness to learn and use multiple technology platforms to communicate with students.
• Enthusiasm for and interest in excellence for the delivery of online learning, with a commitment to Student Success.
• Experience using evidence-based strategies to support student success including frequent communication and active learning.
• Documentation of professional development in online course design and pedagogy through Quality Matters or equivalent program, or willingness to complete Quality Matters online professional development modules
• Must have the AWS (Amazon Web Services) certification for the class in which you are teaching. For instance, you must have the AWS Certified Developer certification to teach the AWS Academy Cloud Development course. You must also work through SJC and AWS to become a certified AWS instructor prior to being authorized to teach AWS Academy courses.
• Appropriate work experience using AWS technologies preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
• San Juan College is committed to building a diverse faculty and staff, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek an individual invested in equity and inclusiveness, who has experience with, knowledge of, and sensitivity to the needs of diverse populations.
• Non-credit instructors are hired on a temporary basis, depending upon the instructional needs identified for each schedule. Such services shall be compensated on a credit hour or contact hour basis, dependent upon the position.
• It is the policy of San Juan College that part-time faculty may work no more than 29 hours per week.
Payroll and hiring:
• Adjunct faculty are paid twice a month, on the 15th and last working day of the month, provided that all payroll forms are signed in a timely manner. Non-credit instructors are paid at an hourly rate as applicable.
• Adjunct faculty teaching three (3) or more credit hours will have Educational Retirement Board (ERB) contributions withheld each pay period. Contribution rates and retirement eligibility are available on the State of New Mexico Educational Retirement Board website http://www.nmerb.org.
• Adjunct faculty are not medical benefit eligible. State and federal taxes, FICA and social security will be withheld for all adjunct faculty. Educational Retirement Board (ERB) contributions may be withheld each pay period depending on teaching load. Contribution rates and retirement eligibility are available on the State of New Mexico Educational Retirement Board website http://www.nmerb.org
• The completion of a satisfactory background check is required.
San Juan College is committed to serving the needs of our students through a process of continuous quality improvement. We uphold and affirm the following iCARE values:
Apply on company website