This is a 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift position.
The Automation Technician is responsible for supporting the design, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all site-wide automation equipment in order to maintain a Quality Class A environment in GMP facilities. This position reports to and supports the Manager Automation Site Support, Maintenance, who is ultimately responsible for the efficient, effective and reliable operation of all site-wide automation equipment. This position will have interactions with HSE, Engineering, Outside Contractors/Consultants, Industrial Operations and Research & Development departments.
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify or refurbish standard and special purpose automation equipment and building automation systems.
- Completion of all work orders and time entries in the SAP system. Completion of all assigned training modules, SOP's, SWI's, safety and compliance requirements in the ISOtrain system.
- Work with automation engineers to develop, implement and document site change controls.
- Assist and support other Maintenance Technicians performing maintenance and/or repair of site-wide equipment.
- Customer training and general education.
- All other duties as assigned.
The ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, evaluate and repair site-wide automation equipment is critical to the success of this role and the Maintenance Department. This position requires the incumbent to work on intricate and site specific automation equipment and systems, with many being located in or directly affecting GMP areas and environments. The GMP production environment requires attention to the details and accuracy within good documentation practices. The 24/7 GMP production environment that exists generates the need to work up to 10% overtime with short notice and the working of various shifts depending on business needs and production cycles. The focus to create and maintain a safety culture that is proactive and striving for zero injuries is of the utmost importance and an expectation for all employees.
The Automation Technician has the ability to influence and impact the Technical Services Maintenance budget with the recommendations/decisions that are made to repair and/or replace automation equipment. The Automation Technician also has the ability to influence and impact the Manufacturing Buildings productivity and run time with the recommendations/decisions that are made to repair and/or replace automation equipment. The work performed by the Automation Technician and the documentation of this work directly impacts Manufacturing and has the ability to affect deviations within their area of responsibility, which directly affects product produced at the Swiftwater facility.
- High Diploma or GED and 5+ years automation experience
- Associates Degree in electrical, electronic and/or mechanical engineering program is preferable.
The Automation Technician is expected to have considerable experience and knowledge including but not limited to the following:
- Piping/Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
- Troubleshoot and repair hard-wired control systems using electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Programming, configuration and troubleshooting of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA), and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI)
- Troubleshooting and configuring of automation network systems
- Field instrumentation such as transmitters, actuators and signal converters
- Hardware such as: Rockwell PLCs, Panelview OITs, Emerson: DeltaV, Johnson Controls: DX 9100 Series, Network protocols including Ethernet TCP/IP, OPC, Allen Bradley DH+/DH485, RIO, and DNET, Metasys N1, N2,
- Software such as: Emerson iFix, Invensys: Intouch Wonderware SCADA, inBatch, Emerson: DeltaV, Rockwell: RSLogix, RSLinx, Johnson Controls: MSEA,
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Apply on company website