DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Healthcare ITG
Please click the link above to Watch our Identity Video to get a closer look at who we are and what we do!
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA Healthcare, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medical and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs
This position is an experienced Developer position who will report directly to the Manager of Data Integration Engineering at HealthTrust.
A successful candidate will demonstrate mastery of software patterns, software modeling, secure programming principles, test-driven development or another unit testing methodology, distributed computing, and advanced coding practices. In addition, this candidate will have a history of professional software development and a desire to learn new technologies. This position requires a candidate who can analyze business requirements, perform design tasks, construct, test, and implement solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of participating in successful projects in a fast-paced, mixed team (consultant and employee) environment.
The Application Engineer must be a highly motivated self-starter, an enthusiastic learner, and must be committed to delivering high quality solutions within scheduled timelines.
- Construct and debug applications across all aspects of application development including but not limited to Front end graphical user interface design as well as Middle tier and Database layer.
- Integrate new/existing software with existing systems.
- Production application support.
- Collaborate with business analysts, project lead, management and customers on project requirements.
- Provide accurate and thorough estimates of work effort.
- Participate in large-scale development projects involving multiple areas outside of core team.
- Develop understanding of defined SDLC processes and coding standards
- Root Cause Analysis for Production problems.
- Assist in defining engineering practices and metrics
- Mentor junior team members
- 7+ years
- College Graduate Preferred
- 7+ years of software engineering experience required with Java, Scala, Kotlin, Python, etc.+ years of software engineering experience required with Java, Scala, Kotlin, Python, etc.
- 2+ years of database design.
- 5+ years of Linux platform experience preferred.
- 1+ years of experience with BigData platforms (Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Hive, etc)
- Understanding of AI principles
- Understanding of Machine learning principles using TensorFlow and/or SciKit
- Understanding of deep learning principles
- Understanding of both relational and columnar datastores (SQL Server, Postgres, Teradata, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, HBase, etc)
- XML/XSL/JSON/REST experience preferred.
- Unit testing experience preferred.
- UML modeling experience preferred.
- Application troubleshooting experience required.
- Long-term application support experience preferred.
- Root-cause analysis experience preferred.
- Willingness to learn our business domain required.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) required.
- Agile experience preferred.
HealthTrust is a Spend Management Company responsible for supporting over 1,600 For-Profit and Not-For-Profit acute care facilities (44 Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) and Healthcare Delivery Organizations (HDO)) in the United States and United Kingdom. HealthTrust also supports as 31,500 ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices and alternate care sites. HealthTrust further supports 1,500 non-Healthcare companies. HealthTrust subsidiaries include AdvantageTrust, CoreTrust, HealthTrust Europe, HealthTrust China, CoreTrust Europe, Catalog360, Clinical Data Solutions, and InVivolink. HealthTrust Technology Innovation (TI) is a Division of HCA Information Technology & Services (IT&S) that is responsible for designing, developing, and deploying innovative products to HealthTrust customers and internal business units. We are looking for smart, dynamic, motivated team members who have a passion for quickly delivering value to customers
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website