With more than 70 years' experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Our Coordinators come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”. Savage is looking for an ambitious team member who's primary responsibilities will provide administrative support to the Operations Manager and team.
- Answer phones and assisting with customer needs
- Manage customer orders and inventory systems
- Check emails throughout the day for order status changes/additions
- Enter and verify customer orders and rail car shipments in inventory system
- Prepare documentation for truck arrivals and departures (Bill of Lading, Truck Arrival Checklist, Truck Departure Checklist)
- Insures all rail car inbound and outbound inspections are complete before releasing and filed
- Fax or scan Bill of Ladings to customers and designated parties (as required)
- Preparing load schedule for next day's loads
- Scaling trucks in and out for load weights
- Provide safety briefing to new drivers, vendors and visitors
- Contact carriers to schedule pick up times for next day's loads
- Inform customers if truck is late for pick up
- Follows company/customer policies and procedures (i.e. internal controls, record retention, verification, etc.)
- Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail, self-motivated, and strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced, consistent high volume environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and Power Point, Outlook
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- Professional interaction and collaboration with other Savage Team Members and customers
- Dependability in attendance required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Commitment to working safely at all times
- Must be physically able to do the following:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to work with telephones, computer and other office equipment
- Consistently sit, reach, climb, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Walk long distances
- Lift up to 25 Lbs regularly
- Lift and move 40 lbs at times
- Wear required PPE
This is primarily an office position. In the office, the employee will be frequently exposed to normal office noises such as telephones ringing, copier running, etc. The noise level in the office is typically low to moderate.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website