Savage is currently hiring for a Lead Mechanic at our coal operations in Price, UT. In this role, you will lead and work alongside a team of mechanics and other maintenance personnel in performing minor and major repairs for a fleet of trucks. In the maintenance departments within Savage, you will find a wide variety of equipment and machinery to maintain. This variety allows you the chance to expand your skillset and stay up to date on the latest technology. At Savage, we love nothing more than rewarding our Team Members' hard work with opportunities for growth.
Benefits of working with Savage
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- Local work, home every day
- A culture that appreciates Team Members
- Paid Time Off ("PTO") and Paid holidays
- Profit Sharing
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible.
What you'll be doing:
- Assume responsibility and direct the work of other mechanics; emphasizing productivity, quality and safety
- Do the Work: Perform heavy and minor repairs on our Coal Services truck fleet, utilizing computer based diagnostics to determine what repairs need to be made
- Ensure the administration and implementation of all shop policies and procedures (i.e. hot work, confined space, lockout/Tag out) conducive to an OSHA environment
- Serve as Quality Control for work done in the shop. Evaluate the work of other mechanics and praise, coach and train as necessary
- Utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System to track preventative maintenance, current open work orders, driver requests, organize the parts, and labor allocation in the shop
- Provide leadership, and establish continuity among drivers, mechanics and other office personnel
- Help maintain shop cleanliness as well as shop inventory
- 5 years of demonstrated work related leadership experience
- 5 to 10 years of diesel and/or CNG maintenance experience
- Expertise in identifying and diagnosing needed repairs visually and through computer based systems a big plus
- Class A CDL preferred
- Demonstrated ability to coach and train less experienced mechanics
- Strong leadership capabilities and the potential to motivate and organize a wide spectrum of personalities
- Safety Conscious
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran's Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice https://www.savageservices.com/careers/california-residents-job-applicant-privacy-notice/
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website