At Savage, we pride ourselves on our exceptional safety record and our commitment to Team Member success. Our Safety Supervisor will support operations by leading the Savage Safety Program and training Team Members in industry best practices at the operation at Marathon- Garyville, LA.
Our Safety Professionals come to Savage for the daily challenge, opportunities for growth, teamwork, our focus on safety, and competitive pay, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. A culture that encourages Team Members to find a better way and enables them to “do things they never dreamed possible”. Whether that is accomplishing new goals in your existing position or working toward the next step in your career, you'll find your path at Savage.
What you'll be doing:
- Works closely with Operations Managers and front line Team Members in implementing all relevant portions of Savage's S7 Delivery System.
- Works with Savage's Service Support Center and Business Unit Leadership Team in the implementation of Savage's overall Safety Strategy.
- Works with the Sr. Manager- SH&E to deliver safety related training.
- Work with local leadership to identify training needs, update training plans and utilize Savage's learning management system (LMS) to track completion of training.
- Supports Team Members in following proper safety rules and processes by completing daily Savage observations, customer field audits, verifying completeness of JSAs, and adherence to work-permit processes.
- Works with and supports the Safety Specialist and Lead Safety Specialist program. Performs and follows-up on safety inspections, safety observations, and audits.
- Leads Savage team on customer safety audits.
- In the event of an incident, assists the Operation Manager to ensure the safety of everyone involved, completing a thorough incident investigation, post-incident drug screening, completion of the Root Cause Analysis, and ensuring corrective actions are sustained to eliminate repeat events.
- Lead the injury case management process and actively track open injury claims to claim closure.
- Ensures incidents are reported properly and timely to internal and external parties.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree in a safety-related field is preferred
- 3+ years working experience in industry
- SH&E certification preferred (COSS, CHST, CSHM, CSMP, etc.)
- Maintains a current knowledge of rules, regulations, and compliance issues effecting the operation
- Capable of handling multiple tasks while managing time effectively (able to plan, organize, and implement around priorities)
- Understands or has been exposed to contractor safety programs, basic safety training for hazmat and chemicals, and customer safety policies
- Ability to travel on occasion
Apply on company website