At Savage, we pride ourselves on our exceptional safety record and our commitment to Team Member success. As an SH&E Supervisor, you will support operations by leading the Savage Safety Program and training team members in industry best practices at the operation at Valero St. Charles, LA.
What you'll be doing:
- Works closely with operations general manager and front line team members in implementing all relevant portions of Savage's S7 Delivery System
- Works with the Service Support Center and Regional Business Unit Leadership Team in the implementation of Savage's overall Safety Strategy
- Works with the Unit SH&E Manager to develop training materials and resources for all safety related training
- Utilizes the S7i system to update the SH&E and Team Member Training sections as needed
- Manages and facilitates the operations VPP Star Contractor program.
- Ensures our Team Members are hired right, trained right, and treated right according to Savage policy
- Supports Team Members in following proper safety rules and processes by completing daily Savage observations, customer field audits, and verifying completeness of JSAs and adherence to work-permit processes.
- Works with and supports the Safety Specialists team
- Performs and follows-up on safety inspections, safety observations, and audits at operation
- Leads Savage team on customer safety audits
- Works with customer(s) to understand their safety expectations and ensure a "No Worry" relationship in the safety areas
- In the event of an incident, assists the Operation Manager to ensure the safety of everyone involved, identify the Root Cause(s), and makes corrections to eliminate repeat events
- Ensures incidents are properly reported to internal and external parties
- Attends industry networking events, workshops, training, etc. to continue developing skills and knowledge related to safety
- Works to identify and implement industry recognized best practices
- Participates in host sponsored contractor safety programs and will serve on the customer's Contractor Safety Committee
- Maintains a current knowledge of rules, regulations and compliance issues effecting the operation
- Capable of handling multiple tasks while managing time effectively (able to plan, organize and implement around priorities)
- Possesses an understanding of and commitment to the Savage System. Demonstrates by example the safety standards and values of Savage
- Able to work as a team, building the Savage Safety culture at the operation
- Understands or has been exposed to contractor safety programs, basic safety training for hazmat and chemicals, and customer safety policies
- Communicates effectively both in front of a group or one-on-one and with all levels of management
- Ability to work with and perform computer operations (MS Office Suite)
- Ability to analyze situations and data and make sound decisions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented and self-starter
- Sets the standard for safety, professionalism, and performance
- Excellent people skills – good listener and communicator
- Responds well to high-pressure situations
- Has “Ownership” spirit
- Treats people fairly with dignity and respect and has impeccable integrity
- Embraces and teaches company culture
- Previous PSM, refinery, conveyor, and/or barge experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a safety-related field is preferred
- 3+ years working experience in industry
- SH&E certification preferred (COSS, CHST, CSHM, CSMP, etc.)
- Ability to achieve ASP/CSP certification
- Willing to receive hazardous material handling training & general safety training
- In good physical condition (able to walk one (1) to two (2) miles per shift)
- Able to travel on occasion
- Must be comfortable working at heights, working on docks, and able to climb ladders in excess of 200 feet
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran's Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
Apply on company website