Savage is currently seeking a Senior Safety, Health & Environment (SH&E) Manager to help execute the SH&E strategic plan. You will primarily support our SH&E Professionals, Business Unit Leaders, Operation Team Leaders, and Team Members in the EnviroServe Industry Unit and will be based at our offices in Midvale, UT.
Our Team Members come to Savage for the daily challenge, opportunities for growth, teamwork, our focus on safety, and competitive pay, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. A culture that encourages Team Members to find a better way and enables them to “do things they never dreamed possible”. Whether that is accomplishing new goals in your existing position or working toward the next step in your career, you'll find your path at Savage.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and use proactive processes, systems, tools, and metrics to drive SH&E continuous improvement and optimize performance in conjunction with direct leader, Sr. SH&E Manager.
- Oversee reporting and record keeping requirements for internal and external safety and health metrics, as well as any environmental reporting requirements.
- Work closely with operations to ensure work activities are performed in a safe manner in compliance with applicable Savage policies, regulatory obligations, and customer requirements.
- Facilitate incident investigation, root cause analysis, and implementation and closure of sustainable corrective actions.
- Seek out and share best safety and health practices within and across the organization.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related field preferred
- 7-10 years' experience in a safety and health leadership role
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) required or ability to achieve CSP designation with in eighteen months of start
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred
- Broad knowledge and understanding of safety and health, including a mix of OSHA, DOT, FRA, and EPA regulations, including Hazardous Materials Management.
- Ability to analyze situations, data, and make sound decisions.
- Training experience preferred, both instructor-led and hands-on.
- Up to 50% travel
- Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer.
- Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
- California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
- For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
Apply on company website