SAVAGE IS HIRING! Are you looking for a company that values you for the work you do? Our Utility Bargemen come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- We provide all Uniforms & PPE
- Annual steel toe boot allowance
- Rotating shift (DuPont Schedule)
- Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, and vision plans; Company-paid life, AD&D and disability insurance; Health Savings or Flex Spending accounts; 401(k) plan with match; and paid holidays
The successful candidate responsibilities include general labor duties including but not limited to: wash down and general maintenance of petroleum coke conveyor system and work areas; check fluid levels and change rollers throughout the conveyor system; and cross-train on coke loading dock as needed.
This operation is located within the Marathon Refinery in Garyville, LA. At this operation, we cut and empty material contained within large silos called Coke Drums, gather the non-hazardous material called Petroleum Coke with overhead cranes, then load onto conveyor system which carries it away to another site for barge loading or other means of transport.
Here is what you will be doing
- Maintains cleanliness of conveyor system to transport dry bulk products
- Shovels coke from areas around sump pumps and under conveyor
- Utilizes hand tools to perform minor maintenance activities on overhead crane buckets
- Assists vacuum truck operations in various capacities
- Checks and maintains fluid levels throughout the conveyor system
- Changes rollers in conveyor system
- Completes and maintains accurate records related to all maintenance activities on conveyor system
- Cross-trains on Delayed Coker Unit and Dock as backup and for job advancement
- Other duties may be assigned
Requirements of a successful Utility Bargeman
- Must meet refinery standards for entering the site: clean criminal history, ability to pass a hair-follicle drug screen, and currently possess a TWIC card
- 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass Marathon site specific training on an annual basis
- The ability to work from written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his/her self, or the safety of others
- Able to work overtime as required
- Can follow all rules and procedures as outlined by Savage
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English
- High School or GED
Physical requirements for this role
- Commitment to working safely at all times
- Ability to work outside in ALL weather conditions
- Lift approximately 0-50 lbs. occasionally
- Lift approximately 0-25 lbs. unassisted and regularly
- Climb stairs and work at various heights
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran's Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
Apply on company website