Accounts Receivable Representative
# of Openings
Location : Location
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
Job Post Information* : External Company Name
Surgical Care Affiliates SCA
Job Post Information* : External Company URL
Location : Postal Code
Location : Address
2450 Venture Oaks Way
Job Post Information* : Post End Date
Requirements for our roles:
- HS Degree or GED required; Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- Denials experience a must
- Must be experienced with appeals
- Familiarity with reading medical policies from payers
- EOB familiarity
- Healthcare experience a must
- Local to Sacramento or within driving distance
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
The “Medical Insurance Collections- Accounts Receivable Representative” will work in the Accounts Receivable, or A/R department, within our regional business office and will be responsible for thorough and timely patient account follow up to ensure accurate accounts receivable reporting; following up with insurance companies and/or third party payers to ensure payments by primary and secondary payers and/or self-pay patients are accurate and timely. This role is a vital position in the revenue cycle process. The ‘A/R Rep' will function within the Center's policies and procedures, support SCA Values, SCA Vision and SCA Mission. In return, we offer a great benefits package including health and dental insurance options, PTO, 401K, and more. All of which begin on your first day of employment.
Specifically, you will work in the Accounts Receivable, or A/R department, within our regional business office and will be responsible for thorough and timely patient account follow up to ensure accurate accounts receivable reporting; following up with insurance companies and/or third party payers to ensure payments by primary and secondary payers and/or self-pay patients are accurate and timely.You will:
- Ensure payments by primary and secondary payers and/or self-pay patients are accurate
- Responsible for thorough and timely patient account follow up to ensure accurate accounts receivable reporting
- Accurate and timely follow up and resolution for all accounts receivable.
- Meeting and maintaining cash collection metrics and goals
- Effectively and independently handles second level reimbursement issues, contracted and non-contracted denials for serviced before and after procedures
- This is a fast-paced environment, which requires attention to detail, accountability, teamwork, and professional behavior and a focus that extends to patients, clients and other departments.
- Works closely with payer provider relations representatives
- Contacting insurance companies by email and/or phone to collect payments
- Handles contracted and non-contracted; HMO, PPO, EPO, POS, Worker's Com., self-pay and third-party reimbursement issues.
- Works all denials and corrected claims collaborating with the biller and/or Business Office Manager, insurance payers and/or patients on past due accounts
- Primary functions are credit balance management, patient balance resolution and non-patient (insurance) resolution
- Work closely with insurance companies and third-party payers to collect revenue for surgical services performed.
- This role is primarily focused on collecting payments from insurance companies as opposed from collecting from self-payers/individuals.
Apply on company website