Admission Clerk (Pool) - Blue Star Surgery Center
# of Openings
Location : Location
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
Job Post Information* : External Company Name
Surgical Care Affiliates SCA
Job Post Information* : External Company URL
Location : Postal Code
Location : Address
2120 N. McArthur Boulevard, STE 200
Job Post Information* : Post End Date
- High school diploma or equivalent; one to five years' or more experience in a medical office, hospital, outpatient surgery center or related field preferred; Computer experience, Excel, Word, Medical Billing Software and Applications; Working knowledge of Medical Terminology and basic knowledge of Insurances.
- Warm, friendly personality with a commitment to treat patients with compassion and respect.
- Versatile and willing to coordinate with and participate in, when necessary, all other aspects of the Business Office.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner and to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, supervisor, and other facility teammates
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
To support the facility by greeting patients/visitors, maintaining appearance of the lobby, answering switchboard, and acting as a resource for facility. Registers patients on the day of surgery and performs other medical office functions. The Admitter will function within the Center's policies and procedures, support SCA Values, SCA Vision and SCA Mission.
- Greet patients and visitors to the facility. Notify facility personnel of arrival as needed
- Copy insurance card(s).
- Verify patient identity, financial, demographic and insurance information.
- Reprint label and consent/face sheet, correct PAS as needed
- Notify Insurance Verifier of insurance changes.
- Maintain clean and tidy waiting room/lobby area.
- Verify vendor appointments and obtain signature in visitor log.
- Answer all incoming calls to the facility. Relay information in accurate, concise manner.
- Open mail, date stamp and distribute.
- Prepare charts for next day cases, ensuring medical records from previous visit are retrieved
- Maintains patient privacy per HIPAA regulations
Apply on company website