Certified Surgical Technician
Full Time Employee
# of Openings
Location : Location
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
Job Post Information* : External Company Name
Surgical Care Affiliates SCA
Job Post Information* : External Company URL
Location : Postal Code
Location : Address
1800 Jenks Ave
Job Post Information* : Post End Date
- Surgical technician training and certification required.
- Operating room experience required- minimum 1 year.
- CPR Certification required.
- Orthopedic and spine experience required- minimum 1 year.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
We are seeking a full time Certified Surgical Technologist with experience assisting in various specialties.
Under supervision of the Circulating Nurse, the Surgical Technologist prepares for a scheduled procedure and arranges sterile set up of instrument tables according to established protocol. He/she assists surgeons by passing instruments and supplies, holding retractor's and anticipating surgeons' needs during course of procedure. The surgical tech also cleans the operating room and stores equipment and supplies.
- Scrubs for the cases in all major surgical services according to established procedures and standards requiring advanced knowledge of anatomy, surgical instruments, Surgeon preferences, and other technical knowledge
- Assists the circulating nurse as needed
- Sets up Operating Room according to surgical procedure schedules and arranges sterile set up of instrument table supplies and equipment required for specific procedure. Assists circulating nurse with surgical counts, actively participates in Time Out process, proper labeling of medication on the sterile field
- Assists with proper draping procedures
- Passes sterile supplies and equipment to the Surgeon and Assistants during procedures, acts to anticipate and respond to surgical team's needs during course of surgery
- Handles surgical specimens following specimen protocol, places in preservative solution and notifies circulating nurse of source of specimen and location.
- Acts as a resource and preceptor to those learning the scrub role
- Keeps current regarding developments in the surgical equipment, trends, and techniques through attendance at in-services or other educational programs
- Assists surgeon during procedures by holding retractors as requested
Apply on company website