Full Time Employee
# of Openings
Location : Location
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
Job Post Information* : External Company Name
Surgical Care Affiliates SCA
Job Post Information* : External Company URL
Location : Postal Code
Location : Address
2001 W Rosedale St
Job Post Information* : Post End Date
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the State required
- BLS for Healthcare Providers required
- PALS/ACLS (this can be obtained)
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Charge nurse supervise and support a nursing staff, while also treating a limited number of patients. They are responsible for maintaining a high level of patient care, evaluating other nurses and acting as an educational resource for nurses.
Charge nurse is required to be an experienced registered nurse who will display leadership, management and communication skills. They are responsible for managing, supervising and assisting the nursing staff in the operating room, as well as providing administrative support and patient care.
Regular duties include directing the admission, discharge and general flow of patients into the operating room and assigning nurses and support staff to patients/rooms. While daily goals must be met, effective charge nurses are flexible and able to prioritize and adapt during emergencies.
Charge nurse will provide guidance on administering care to new patients or those with special needs and answer questions regarding operating room protocol. They frequently work with other nurses and patients to create a plan of care that is individualized to a patient's needs. Charge nurse will develop and implement training courses and organize needs assessment to help educate and train new nurses and staff.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities
Aside from managerial responsibilities, charge nurses perform administrative duties including creating schedules, maintaining adequate supplies and informing staff of changes to protocol. In some settings, charge nurses plan budgets for the nursing staff.
Nursing Duties and Responsibilities
While most duties and responsibilities are managerial and administrative, charge nurses also provide patient care. Although the number of patients and relative difficulty of each case may vary depending on the schedule. Other duties will include circulating a surgical room.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Are in complete alignment with our core values
- To promote the highest standards of clinical nursing care
- To lead, manage and supervise the work of the Staff Nurses
- To provide person centered nursing care to residents which enables them to enjoy a valued life
- Complete one to one supervision sessions and Appraisals for Staff Nurses
- To maintain good working relationships with the nursing and care team, attend staff meetings and encourage input from whole team on improvements to the care home service
- Ensure effective assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care through the development of written care plans
- To maintain correctly written records as required by the company and the regulatory bodies
- To communicate all requests and changes of practice to all relevant personnel
- To assume named nurse/link nurse responsibilities
- To report any injuries, disease and dangerous practice to all relevant personnel
- To challenge poor practice and provide guidance for improving practice.
- Dealing with matters arising in the team with a view to settlement as opposed to escalation – if necessary, involve HR department for support and advice
- Ensuring that all staff comply with the organization's policies and procedures including Health and Safety and Fire Regulations
- Ensuring that the service complies with regulatory requirements e.g. Control of Infection
- Attending staff meetings internally as required
- Maintaining sound working relationships with staff in regulatory bodies and other relevant organizations
Apply on company website