Medical Records Specialist
Full Time Employee
# of Openings
Location : Location
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
Job Post Information* : External Company Name
Surgical Care Affiliates SCA
Job Post Information* : External Company URL
Location : Postal Code
Location : Address
9848 North Beach Street
Job Post Information* : Post End Date
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year College or technical school preferred
- three – five years' experience in a medical office, hospital, outpatient surgery center or related field
- Computer experience, Excel, Word, Medical Billing Software and Applications
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
The Medical Records Specialist processes and organizes medical records in a timely manner and in compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies, as well as state and federal laws. The Medical Record Clerk ensures completeness of the record by auditing charts and completing a medical records checklist. Medical Records Clerk handles the storage and retention of charts, responds to requests for medical record, copies and maintains medical record tracking log. The Medical Records Clerk will function within the Center's policies and procedures, support SCA Values, SCA Vision and SCA Mission.
- Chart Completion
- Operative Reports
- Medical Record Requests
- Retrieving records
- Record Storage and Retention
- Performing other duties as required.
Apply on company website