Registered Nurse, Pre Op/PACU (Pool)
# of Openings
Location : Location
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
Job Post Information* : External Company Name
Surgical Care Affiliates SCA
Job Post Information* : External Company URL
Location : Postal Code
Location : Address
7150 Greenville Ave
Job Post Information* : Post End Date
- Registered Nurse, licensed in the state of Texas
- Current CPR, ACLS, and PALS
- 1-2 years ASC or hospital Preop or PACU Experience required
- Experience with pediatric patients required
- Multispecialty surgical experience strongly preferred.
- Must be personable, friendly, and exhibit flexibility and positive interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills MANDATORY
- Computer experience, HST, Excel, Word.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP, #RegisteredNurse, #HealthcareJobs, #NurseJobs, #MedicalJobs, #Healthcare, #NurseLife, #RNJobs, #Health, #SCA, #SurgicalCareAffiliates, #ASC, #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter
The Pool-status Preop-PACU RN position is responsible for providing safe and direct quality care for patients receiving treatment at the ASC in the preoperative and post anesthesia care unit (PACU) to identified age groups. In collaboration with other members of the multi-disciplinary care team, the Preop-PACU RN competently performs job responsibilities in accordance with all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of physician and facility's policies & procedures.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers & develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with patients, physicians, hospital staff, vendors and the public – in person, on the telephone, or by email.
- Develops, individualizes and prioritizes patient's plan of care daily in collaboration with patient, family and health team members that is sensitive to the patient's cultural and spiritual needs to attain expected outcomes.
- Coordinates and performs activities routinely as appropriate with the Director of Nursing, Medical Director and the Quality Committee(s).
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of patients in the immediate postoperative or post procedure period.
- Provides comfort and support for post-operative patients.
- Evaluates responses to treatments and interventions and manages patient's pain.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
- Understands principles of aseptic technique and their implementation.
- Accurate and legible documentation in the medical record.
- Identifies potentially unsafe situations and notifies supervisor.
Apply on company website