Surgical Tech Certified
Full Time Employee
# of Openings
Location : Location
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
Job Post Information* : External Company Name
Surgical Care Affiliates SCA
Job Post Information* : External Company URL
Location : Postal Code
Location : Address
2825 Randolph Rd
Job Post Information* : Post End Date
- Graduate of a recognized and accredited Certified Surgical Technologist Program.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Current BLS certification.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in either a hospital or ambulatory surgical center setting required. Strong Orthopedic background preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile technique.
- Ability to tolerate prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Ability to perform lifting and transporting of patients; and lifting of instrument trays and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to organize work in order of importance.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful situations and in a variety of peri-operative environments.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SurgicalTech #SurgicalTechnologist #HealthcareJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
- Functions as a Certified Surgical Technician in the operating room/procedure room under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Assists with gowning and gloving other members of the surgical team.
- Assists with the preparation of the operating room for surgical procedures.
- Assists with skin preparations and with draping of patients.
- Assists with care, preparation, maintenance and after-care of sterile and un-sterile supplies and equipment.
- Knows and practices the principles and procedures of sterile technique.
- Handles specimens in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
- Removes drapes at end of procedure, cleanses the patients of prep solution and applies dressing as needed.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use and returns it to the proper area for storage or processing.
- Participates in sponge, instrument and needle count with the circulating nurse.
- Demonstrates ability to understand and use sterilizers, high-level disinfectors, instrument washers, and other designated processors.
- Demonstrates ability to understand use, function, interpretation, documentation, and record-keeping of chemical and biological indicators related to instrument and equipment high-level disinfection and sterilization processes.
- Demonstrates understanding of operating room/procedure room technical equipment according to manufacturer's guidelines, policy and procedures.
- Assists with stocking, replenishing and preparation of supplies.
- Updates knowledge in surgical techniques and related nursing care.
- Checks updated schedule every morning and prepares room supplies and equipment.
Apply on company website