In support of the US Navy mission, this Software Developer II / III will be a member of the REDHAWK and Tactical Open Architecture (TOA) Software Defined Radio (SDR) development team contributing to the design and implementation of Automatic Identification Systems (AIS) for the Navy's new Large and Medium Unmanned Surface Vessels. REDHAWK is a standards-based software defined radio (SDR) framework designed to support the development, deployment, and management of real-time software radio applications. REDHAWK is based on the DoD standard Software Communications Architecture (SCA). This candidate will need a strong background in webserver related tasking, including setting up and maintaining a web application environment, preferably a Single Page Application (SPA) environment.
As a member of our team, you will work with others to design, code, implement, and test custom capabilities. The candidate must be able to produce creative, technically sound software solutions for transition to tactical systems. This individual will perform a variety of complex technical functions in support of the development of custom systems.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzing the current design of the AIS user interface (UI), taking into account the feedback from end-users.
- Synthesizing feedback and requirements to design and develop a new architecture
- Developing storyboards and other methods for illustrating proposed AIS UI improvements.
- Conducting demonstrations and elicit feedback from end-users to gather information on User Experience (UX) and system architecture
- Supporting design and development using modern web technologies
- Leveraging experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Being accountable for complex programming assignments
- Reviewing completion and implementation of technical products
Apply on company website