At SeaWorld, we're passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we've already rescued over 37,000 animals (and counting!). And we can save you from being stuck in just another job. Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We're seeking enthusiastic, dedicated and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Join us and play an important part on our incredible team!
What you get to do:
As a Husbandry Assistant, you will provide basic support to the Zoological team. This includes maintaining animal habitats as well as food preparation and basic husbandry tasks. You will provide operational support during shows/presentations. Your role would not involve direct contact with animals unless in Aquatica or in an emergency situation with direct support of a leadership member. You will also:
• Perform daily husbandry tasks, including administration of vitamins and medications as directed and food preparation
• Maintain a safe and sanitary working area for all animal habitats
• Assist guests, Trainers and Zoological staff in preparing interaction/education programs
• Make daily animal observations and report any concerns to leadership staff
• Learn and operate MPR registers and book interactions in Global Reservation system
• Practice safe work habits, including the use of personal protective equipment
What it takes to succeed:
• At least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent
• Prior experience working with animals preferred
• Ability to pass SeaWorld pre-employment swim test
• Valid driver's license and ability to obtain a SeaWorld driver's license
• Strong English communication skills
• Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs.
• Basic math skills
• Ability to stand, walk, and work for prolonged periods of time in extreme weather
• Scheduling flexibility
• Ability to complete all legal, company and department training requirements
The perks of the position:
As part of the SeaWorld family, you'll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
• FREE park admission
• Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
• Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
Join the team!
If you're looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we're looking for you!
Apply on company website