At SeaWorld, we're committed to the health, safety and preservation of our magnificent marine animals. After all, we've rescued over 36,000 animals over the past five decades! That's why we need your expertise to make sure we always maintain the healthiest habitats for our marine animals.
What you get to do:
As a Filtration Mechanic for Animal Life Support, you'll operate, monitor maintain, and repair all life support systems and pool filtration equipment throughout the park. Under supervision, you'll be responsible for performing all tasks related to the operation, maintenance and repair of the water filtration systems equipment. You will:
• Perform filter, pump, valve, and piping maintenance and repairs
• Assist with operation of chilled water system and boiler equipment
• Identify and differentiate between normal operation and fault conditions
• Notify appropriate qualified personnel for action/corrective action
• Perform proper water chemistry testing and take appropriate actions when necessary
• Maintain records of activities
• Perform and assist with general maintenance of park facilities as required
• Diligently comply with all department and corporate safety guidelines and procedures
• Practice safe work habits, including the use of personal protective equipment
• Serve with professionalism as an Ambassador and representative of SeaWorld
What it takes to succeed:
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver's license and ability to obtain a SeaWorld driver's license
• Strong communication, customer service and math skills
• Ability to obtain Certified Pool Operator, Aquatic Facility Operator or Aquatic Animal Life Support Operator certification preferred
• Ability to make adjustments and additions to maintain water balance
• Ability to operate, troubleshoot, maintain and repair various types of pumps/equipment
• Ability to complete jobs with minimal supervision
• Ability to use and care for all basic hand tools
• Ability to source information from manuals, plans, and as-built drawings
• Able to frequently lift, push, and pull a minimum of 80 lbs.
• Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
• Scheduling flexibility
• Ability to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements
The perks of the position:
As part of the SeaWorld family, you'll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
• FREE park admission
• Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
• Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
Join the team!
If you're looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we're looking for you!
Apply on company website