We are currently looking for Forklift Operators for the largest lawn and garden company in the U.S ! This is a temp to hire opportunity located in Independence, OR.
Operation of a forklift or other heavy equipment to safely move, locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise around the facility.
Shift: Day and Night Shift available, Monday - Friday
Pay: $16 - $18.90 depending on experience and shift
- Performs a safety check of the forklift to ensure it is safe to operate.
- Ensures the packaging lines have empty pallets available and informs the supervisor of the pallet inventory
- Removes palletized bags from the production lines and places them on the stretch-wrapper
- Operates the stretch-wrapper and changes the stretch film as required
- Places palletized bags in inventory and ensuring they are located in the proper rows storing them neatly without damaging other inventory
- Actively participates in plant cleanliness by restacking, picking-up trash and debris, and washing their equipment
- Reads the BOLs and places the correct quantity and SKU on the carriers trucks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Any changes to the BOLs must be communicated to the Dispatcher and or office personnel
- Performs physical inventory counts of finished goods as required
- Meets quality and quantity standards
- Responsible for the safe operation of the forklift and maintaining fluid levels
- Previous Forklift experience
- Ability to lift 50 pounds when needed
- Ability to sit for long periods
- Ability to read and write English and/or be able to follow instructions.
- Ability to work in a dusty environment, hot/cold/rainy weather.
- Willingness to work mandatory overtime, including weekends and holidays
Apply on company website