At Senior Star the Dining Room Manager is responsible for assisting the Food and Beverage Director with all food service personnel and operation of the dining rooms in order to ensure a high quality dining experience to Senior Star residents. The Dining Room Manager is responsible for ensuring the safety of our residents. The Dining Room Manager is responsible, with all other Senior Star employees, for the leasing and marketing success of the community. Conducts business according to Senior Star Mission, Vision, Values and Goals.
Who We Are:
We are committed to helping you realize the power you have to make a difference. Whether it is a process you are involved in, a person you want to serve, or a cause you care about, YOU have the capacity to make a difference.
Senior Star's mission is to Unite and Serve. Being part of the Senior Star family means you are committed to being exceptional stewards and thoughtful spokespeople. We are looking to attract and retain a diverse group of associates, who are united by standards of excellence and thoughtful in how they act, think, and communicate in life, especially in regard to those we serve. Everyone who has high aspirations, who believes in doing good for each person with whom they come into contact, and who is committed to making a difference in the world, YOU will thrive as Senior Star continues to grow!
Our Promise is Senior Star's commitment to you and those you serve. Will you commit to our promise? It begins with seeing the treasure in everyone, and approaching each situation as if the person you are serving were your son, daughter, your partner, your parent or grandparent… with love, compassion and respect.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for Supervising Staff
- Prepares and posts work schedules for all dining room staff in the designated work area, after Food and Beverage Director approval
- Reviews, screens and interviews applicants
- Trains and retains a full serving staff who are capable and motivated to provide an exceptional dining experience to all residents and guests
- Ensures that all employees present a professional demeanor to residents and guests
- Consults with the Food and Beverage Director for the purposes of eliminating operating deficiencies
- Ensures that safe work practices are being followed and that proper emergency response systems are in place
- Ultimately responsible for making sure all call offs are covered for the Dining Room Staff.
- Responsible to ensure 100% compliance to the Quality Assurance Program as it pertains to the Dining Room Staff.
Oversees the Preparation of the Dining Room for Meals
- Coordinates with the Food and Beverage Director for any special events and needs of residents
- Make Sure Resident Meal Counts are done for each meal daily.
- Responsible to make sure every resident is accounted for per Meal Attendance Policy.
Oversees the Serving of Meals to Residents
- Assists residents with coffee, salad bar, soup, dessert and any other service needs
- Ensures that all residents are being served in a prompt and professional manner
- Assists where needed, following service guidelines
- Responsible for ensuring resident satisfaction for each meal and to increase overall score on Resident Satisfaction Survey.
Oversees the Cleaning of the Dining Room after Meals
- Ensures that the proper sanitized cleaning solution and procedure is being used by employees when cleaning
- Directs and assists in general dining room sanitation and routine and preventative maintenance on equipment
A Senior Star ® Dining Room Manager may be given additional duties and responsibilities.
Apply on company website