Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Our Nurses at Senior Star have a huge impact on the lives of the residents and on the overall culture of the community. Our Nurses are an invaluable part of the Senior Star family!
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides professional care and guidance to the residents within the scope of their license and acts to bridge the resident's past, present, and future relationships, lifestyle, habits and routines, helping the resident to maintain a sense of self. The Licensed Practical Nurse ensures that residents enjoy the highest level of care, and protects the dignity, individuality and independence of their residents.
Accomplishing the tasks of a Licensed Practical Nurse include proper certification by the state, physical agility including: standing for periods of time, lifting 40lbs or more frequently, walking, kneeling, bending and reaching often, also communicating effectively with residents and co-workers.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse, you will be most successful when using your role and the task it requires providing legendary service and striving to create purposeful moments of connections with all residents, their guests and fellow associates.
Senior Star believes in the growth and development of their employees. Below is a list of growth opportunities for someone successful and doing well in this role
- Wellness Leader
- Wellness Manager
- Assistant Wellness Director
- Wellness Director
As a member of the Senior Star team, I know that:
- My direct contact with residents and their guests can make their day, so I will do everything I can to delight them with my excellent service and my smile;
- I am responsible, with all other Senior Star associates, for the leasing and marketing success of the community;
- My knowledge of the proper nursing and care techniques, state regulations, purposeful programing and our emergency response procedures will help me do my job well and keep our residents safe;
- My actions and my performance are a direct reflection on Senior Star and our reputation in the community, so I will always keep this top of mind to represent the Company well;
- It is critical that I treat all information regarding our community, our business, and our residents as confidential;
- Learning and personal growth are important aspects of my success at Senior Star, so I will commit to learning new things and further developing my skills and talents; and
- My schedule and my work hours may vary, depending on the needs of the community, and that I may have to work overtime and/or weekends.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse, my typical day will include:
- Provide professional care within the scope of my license.
- Conduct resident assessments and establish care plans the will encourage dignity, individuality, independence and growth.
- Provide all medication management including, orders, medication pass, inventory.
- Create accurate and all-encompassing records pertaining to resident care.
Assist in quality assurance and continual improvement efforts.
Senior Star is a Great Place to Work!
$21-$22/Hour based on experience
Our Mission: UNITE & SERVE
At Senior Star the Memory Care team works together to make sure the needs of the residents are met 24/7. This often times means staying late or picking up an extra shift. We understand that taking care of each other is the most important thing we can do. So when a fellow associate is in need we step up and fill in. This constant teamwork provides an excellent opportunity to grow and connect with each other. It also allows for each member of our team to live out our promise to do for each other with LOVE.
Our Vision: A World of Difference Makers.
At Senior Star we try to provide every possible tool to make the job of a Care Partner easier. We want to be able to facilitate as much joy in your role as possible. We hope that these tools will help you fulfill your purpose and add value to your work.
Everything from the building design to the furniture, art work and stations has the Care Partner in mind. These things are all created to provide opportunity for purposeful moments with residents and guest. We are constantly seeking innovative ideas and implementing new programs and tools to enhance your experience at work and the lives of the residents.
Our Promise: Do for each other with love.
If this inspires you…
If you want to work for a company that wants to support you and help you fulfill your purpose…
If you would like to be a part of a team that is highly engaged…
If you believe in our Mission, Values, and Promise…
We would love to meet you!
Senior Star Culture Video
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Licenses & Certifications
Apply on company website