Our priority has always been the safety and well-being of our residents and associates. As we've been monitoring the evolving situation of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), this priority has remained paramount; and that is why we'd like to share some of the steps Senior Star is taking during this time.
It has become necessary to reduce our hiring to immediate need only until further notice. We are still very much in need of the key positions posted; however, candidates may experience in a delay from the initial call/message from our team to the actual in-person interview.
As we work through the days and weeks to come, to insure key roles are being filled and our residents are taken care of, we will be utilizing alternative forms of interviews including; phone, video and remote meetings.
Many of our openings will go unfilled until we have effectively contained this virus. We are eager to meet you and hope that you find a work home at Senior Star.
Thank you for expressing your interest in Senior Star and your patience during this time.
Responsible for providing transportation to residents and company sponsored community activities. At Senior Star the Shuttle Driver uses their role and the tasks it requires to provide legendary service to my residents, their guest and my fellow associates. The Shuttle Driver strives to create purposeful moments of connection with their residents, guest and their fellow associates.
-For insurance purposes our chosen candidate must be between 25-75 years of age.
-Must be able to pass a drug test
-No CDL required. DOT required.
Now hiring Difference Makers! Senior Star is a Great Place to Work!
The Driver at Senior Star has a huge impact on the lives of the residents and on the overall culture of the community. The Driver is an invaluable part of the Senior Star family! Below is a picture of the impact a Driver has at Senior Star. This is what being a difference maker looks like!
Impact Description: Driver
As a professional Driver, I am:
- Always professional in my appearance, my demeanor, and my presentation;
- Always looking for ways to improve my skills and services to others;
- A person with a strong work ethic, always willing to step up and help co-workers when needed;
- Able to take direction from others and to work well with all my colleagues, regardless of their position or level; and
- Someone who loves knowing that I affect the lives of others by doing my best to meet their needs every day.
As a successful Driver in this organization, I will:
- Uphold the Senior Star mission to be an exceptional steward and serve as a thoughtful spokesperson for the residents in my community, as well as to those friends and family members who love them;
- Do my part to in spread the Senior Star message to colleagues who might want to join me in doing important work that is rewarding, purposeful and fulfilling, as well as to others I meet who might have a loved one who is ready to join a wonderful community with loving and supportive service providers;
- Use my role and the task it requires to provide legendary service to my residents, their guest and my fellow associates.
- Strive to create purposeful moments of connection with my residents, their guest and my fellow associates.
- Inspire others to live out the Senior Star promise, to do for each other with love.
As a member of the Senior Star team, I know that:
- My direct contact with residents and their guests can make their day, so I will do everything I can to delight them with my excellent service and my smile;
- I am responsible, with all other Senior Star associates, for the leasing and marketing success of the community;
- My knowledge of our safety practices and our emergency response procedures will help me do my job well and keep our residents safe;
- My actions and my performance are a direct reflection on Senior Star and our reputation in the community, so I will always keep this top of mind to represent the Company well;
- It is critical that I treat all information regarding our community, our business, and our residents as confidential;
- Learning and personal growth are important aspects of my success at Senior Star, so I will commit to learning new things and further developing my skills and talents; and
- My schedule and my work hours may vary, depending on the needs of the community, and that I may have to work overtime and/or weekends.
As a Driver, my typical day will include:
- Responsible for Providing Transportation for Residents and Community Activities
Responsible for Maintenance of Vans and Busses
- Responsible for Assisting in the Upkeep of the Exterior of the Community
As someone who is qualified for this role, I am:
- Able to stand, sit, walk, squat, kneel, bend, reach and grasp frequently;
- Able to lift up to 20 pounds frequently, and over 20 pounds occasionally; and
- Speak, see, and hear, so that I can communicate with residents and co-workers;
I know that when I do my job well, and/or develop other skills and interests, I may be considered for other opportunities within Senior Star, such as:
- Front Desk
- Programs Assistant
At Senior Star we believe in supporting YOU! Senior Star offers a competitive benefits package that includes extra PERKS! These perks are available to all associates and include
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Emergency Relief Fund
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Occupancy, NOI and Safety Bonuses
- Resident and Employee Referral Bonuses
Senior Star Culture
We are a company driven by our relentless pursuit of excellence and top performance. At Senior Star, we understand that we have a tremendous responsibility to fulfill Our Vision: A World of Difference Makers. We are committed to helping you realize the power you have to make a difference. Whether it is a process you are involved in, a person you want to serve, or a cause you care about, you can make a difference.
We are guided by our mission, which is narrowed down to two simple actions, Unite & Serve. Our Mission: UNITE as exceptional stewards for seniors and those who love them & SERVE as thoughtful spokespeople for senior living. Being part of the Senior Star family means you are committed to being exceptional stewards and thoughtful spokespeople. We are looking to attract and retain a diverse group of associates, who are united by standards of excellence and thoughtful in how they act, think, and communicate in life, especially regarding those we serve. Everyone who has high aspirations, who believes in doing good for each person with whom they come into contact, and who is committed to making a difference in the world will thrive as Senior Star continues to grow!
What makes us unique is that we believe our associates are our greatest asset, and we strive to create a best-in-class experience for all stakeholders by creating opportunities for associates to thrive. With this approach, we are a more creative, flexible, stimulating, collaborative, purposeful, and successful organization.
We as Senior Star associates commit to a heartfelt promise to one another. Our Promise: Do for each other with love. Our Promise is Senior Star's commitment to taking ownership in how we relate to and interact with one another, associate to associate. It's about empathy. It's about respect. It's ultimately a compassionate “love” thing, and we are not afraid to own that word within our company. Our promise starts with each other and then extends to everyone we serve... Will you commit to our promise?
Apply on company website