Are you motivated by relationships and your impact on other people? Do you want to provide direct support to help people live fulfilling, independent lives — and make a career out of it? Working as a Caregiver for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities is not for everyone, but for those up to it, it's incredibly rewarding work.
DISCOVER CAREERS, WELL LIVED. Our mission at Sevita is to create a world where every person has the right to live well. As a Caregiver, you'll provide assistance and strategies to the individuals we serve to help them live well in their community and environment. Each day, the connections you make and the compassion you bring make a difference in the lives of our participants. You'll work alongside a dedicated team of clinical staff and supportive supervisors, while you grow your career.
Caregiver for Behavioral Group Home
Work Locations are all located in the San Fernando Valley Area including North Hills, Northridge, and Granada Hills
THRIVE AS A CAREGIVER AT SEVITA. EACH DAY, YOU'LL
- Be proud of rewarding work helping people grow, learn, and live well
- Develop real, meaningful relationships with the individuals you serve
- Experience ownership and trust from your leaders to do what's right for participants
- Take initiative to help participants be part of the community and enjoy their favorite activities
- Support participants with developmental goals like budgeting, exercise, and nutrition
You'll assist the individuals in the home with their personal hygiene and support individuals who can have behavioral challenges and other complex needs. If you're compassionate, patient, and find meaning in this type of work, you'll find a promising future at Sevita.
EVERY PERSON DESERVES A FULFILLING CAREER
- Competitive Pay: Pay on Demand, Full benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week, including a 401(k) with a 3% company match
- Time Off: Paid time off plus holiday pay to recharge so you can be your best at work
- Network of Support: Supervisors who care deeply about the participants and your wellbeing
- Job Security: A stable job at an established, growing company
- Learning and Development: We invest in your development and provide the tools and training you need to have a fulfilling career
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO SEVITA
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent; DSP 1 and DSP 2 certifications highly desired
- Experience: Six months of experience in direct care of individuals with developmental disabilities and/or behavioral, mental health issues
- Skills: Behavioral de-escalation, knowledge of client rights and advocacy, strong communication skills
- Behaviors: Patient, compassionate, reliable, responsible
- Vehicle: Valid CA Driver's license
- AVAILABILITY: All positions require working at least one weekend shift
Apply today and explore careers, well lived at Sevita.
This role is part of REM California, a member of the Sevita family. At Sevita, we believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. Through home and community-based specialized care, our work changes lives and inspires growth at every turn. When you join our mission-driven team, you'll create relationships that motivate us all to be better every day. We have a bright future and the determination to get there. Join us today — careers, well lived.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
Apply on company website