Florida MENTOR, a member of the Sevita family, provides services for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and medically complex needs.
As a Handyman/Maintenance Worker, you will ensure all grounds and equipment are in good working order to maintain a safe, attractive, and enjoyable living and working environment for the individuals we serve.
- Assists with ongoing preventative maintenance of multiple resident homes/offices on the campus.
- Communicate departmental procedures for maintenance and operation of buildings. Maintain the building and grounds in compliance with Federal, State, and local laws.
- Repair and maintain kitchen, housekeeping, and other mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning units, electrical/plumbing fixtures, painting, and laundry equipment.
- Work with building inspectors, fire marshals, and vendors. Maintain fire alarm system, including smoke and heat detectors, and fire pull. Assist with safety and disaster plans as appropriate.
- Assits with maintaining operational records, data, and monitor and enforce observance of safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year related experience - Preferred
- Drivers License in Good Standing
Why Join Us?
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid time off and holiday pay.
- Rewarding, complex work adding value to the organization's mission alongside a great team of co-workers.
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities.
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We've made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website