MENTOR, a member of the Sevita family, is a community-based, behavioral health care organization offering a continuum of services including adult behavioral health, substance abuse counseling, children's behavioral health, autism services, and early childhood services.
$1000 New hire bonus.
Make a difference in the life of a child or youth! Massachusetts MENTOR is seeking Therapeutic Mentors to serve children and youth in the Dedham area.
Therapeutic Mentors provide services in the youth's home and community by integrating our services with engaging activities and intervention services so we can help the youth we serve meet their treatment goals.
- Therapeutic Mentors meet with a youth client base 8-29 hours per week.
- Assists families and children to identify skills that need to be developed with the person served and then build plans and curriculum to build those skills.
- Assists the families and children to establish weekly goals and helps them to identify the steps that need to be taken to reach the established goals.
- Makes referrals to services and resources on behalf of the families and children.
- Attends case reviews with supervisor and clinician.
- Attends all team meetings for the people served, including but not limited to ISP and IEP meetings.
- Assesses the environment of the person served for safety issues and addresses those issues as applicable.
- Makes recommendations regarding the care of the person served including but not limited to the family's readiness for reunification.
- Conducts diligent search for family resources for a child who is ready to step-down.
- Provides crisis intervention services as needed to support families.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Participates in clinical supervision meetings including but not limited to clinical issues on cases, performance issues by staff, opportunities for growth and development, positive praise, etc.
- Participates in business meetings and ongoing training as required by supervisor and regulations
- Communicates with collateral agencies and providers to facilitate working relationships
- Consults with colleagues on clinical case reviews
- Participates in utilization reviews with payers
- Completes administrative paperwork and support including but not limited to researching and documentation of resources for the family, file reviews and follow-up to missing items.
- Research and ensures language translation services for people served as needed
What we require of you:
- Bachelor's degree in a Human Services or related field and 1 year of related experience working with youth OR
- HS Diploma or GED and 2 years of related experience working with youth
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid driver's license in good standing
- Reliable transportation and auto insurance that complies with the minimum state requirements
What We Offer:
- 401(k) with company match
- Pay on demand
- New hire bonus
- Mileage reimbursement
- Quarterly productivity bonuses
- Paid time off, holiday pay, annual bonus plan
- Career growth opportunities
- Largest national network of human service providers
- Competitive hourly pay rates
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- A dynamic, growing work environment with advancement opportunities nationwide
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We've made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website