Beyond our highly competitive compensation and benefits -- key reasons why Genesis HealthCare has one of the industry's highest retention levels is our investment in our employees. You can trust that you will always be successful, no matter where your Genesis career takes you. Whether it's enhancing clinical skills or developing leadership capabilities we actively support your goals Apply today, make your mark and see just how extraordinary you can be.
FUNCTIONS - RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensures patient records are maintained in an accurate, thorough and timely manner.
2. Maintains accurate tracking systems to review documentation and ensure compliance.
3. Keeps supervisor informed of audit trends and need for follow-up.
4. Prepares reports for Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Committee meeting.
5. Protects medical records from loss or destruction by implementing a system of accountability.
6. Protects medical records from breaches of confidentiality and/or unauthorized use.
7. Disposes of records according to record retention policies.
8. Completes assignments while meeting quality standards for accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Experience: Minimum requirement of one year experience working in an office setting. Experience in medical records preferred. Core Competencies: Knowledge of medical terminology and regulations regarding medical records, confidentiality and HIPAA. Ability to demonstrate good organization and filing skills. Ability to communicate effectively and work well with others maintaining a positive attitude. EEO/AA, M/F, Vet, Disabled
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 334711
Center Name: Sharon Care Center
Apply on company website