Position Objective: Run the finish line operations safely and efficiently with the maximum amount of production and a minimal amount of off-quality
1. Responsible for sanding different widths and sizes of boards to meet specifications.
2. Set up the sander - refer to One Hour Graphite Test Procedures - FI063P
3. Make machine/process adjustments on line and on computer.
4. Follow specific instructions on each order.
5. Achieve set quality standards.
6. Monitor and adjust coater to achieve desired results.
7. Change application rollers.
8. Safely handle and use all line chemicals.
9. Monitor parameters such as speed, UV output and temperature.
10. Make adjustments to settings to accommodate different widths of boards.
11. Make adjustments to settings to account for the wear of the sandpaper.
12. Overall visual control of the entire line.
13. Visual inspections of products for defects and grading.
14. Complete computerized quality reports.
15. Perform quality checks on finished products.
16. Keep machines and work areas clean and free of dust.
17. Read and analyze charts and graphs.
18. Take measurements of finished product
19. Willing to be an On the Job Trainer (OJT)
20. Notification of Supervisor when fifteen (15) minutes of line adjustments have not achieved desired
improvements on quality issues.
21. Ensure all other critical line positions are made aware of changes/adjustments that are made to the process (ie: color technician, finishing/defecting lead and finishing/defecting supervisor)
22. Communicate with Co-workers
1. Must be a team player
2. Take an active role in committees.
3. Cross-training for other jobs on the finishing line.
4. Perform housekeeping duties
8 hour, evening shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website