Supervise the daily functions of receiving, processing, shipping, storing, inventory and delivery of floor covering and related materials, and the employees involved in these processes.
- Provide assistance to the Management Team in decision making.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all employees in the facility.
- Maintain employees' required documentation, conduct employee meetings to discuss safety, quality, productivity, and policy requirements, ensure disciplinary action when necessary, and ensure proper procedures are followed based on job requirements.
- Motivate employees to achieve facility goals, and to improve themselves.
- Become knowledgeable of all staff positions and possess the ability to assist, fill in and/or train associates as needed while ensuring effective utilization of transportation equipment and personnel.
- Assist customers, Customer Service, and Sales with delivery issues.
- Candidate must be able to drive a lift truck.
- High School Diploma/GED and 2+ years of previous Lead or Supervisory experience or 4 year degree and 1+ year of Lead or Supervisory experience. 2+ years previous Distribution experience required.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written are required. Candidate must have good computer skills including but not limited to MS Office or Google, and other software programs.
- Must be self-motivated and results-oriented. Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization and work with little supervision.
- Background in DOT Compliance issues preferred.
- 2+ years previous Distribution experience preferred
8 hour, evening shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website