Our Banquet Servers provide quality service to our guests during their dining experience, they serve all tables at the same time, up to hundreds of people. They work very closely with our catering staff to be sure each course is delivered as quickly as possible. In addition, our Banquet Servers keep glasses filled, remove each round of plates and answer various questions from our guests. After service, banquet servers are responsible for clean-up and breakdown of the service a possess a working knowledge of wine, cocktails and food.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
• Greet guests
• Set tables to specifications within established guidelines
• Set up hors d'oeuvre/buffet tables and pass food items
• Take accurate orders at table when multiple entrée selections are present
• Deliver food and beverage accurately and timely
• Tray pass cocktails
• Provide proper service to a section which includes but is not limited to serving multiple courses, watering tables, bussing between courses, clearing after the event, wine and coffee service
• Possess a functional wine knowledge with the understanding and ability for proper service
• Follow SOPs set in place to standardize event set up and service
• Know McCall and Shore Lodge's history well enough to help familiarize guests with our local offerings
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
• Communicate effectively with and receive information from guests and team members.
• The ability to multi-task while remaining highly organized and detail oriented.
• Present excellent customer service skills:
a. Customer Service: Communication is key to our banquet server jobs. You will need to listen attentively, answer questions, have an exceptionally friendly and relaxing demeanor.
b. Providing courteous, quick service helps to create a great dining experience for our customers.
• Teamwork: Our Banquet Servers are part of a team, you will be working closely with other servers, cooking staff, catering personnel and managers to create exceptional dining experiences.
• Cleanliness: Our Banquet Servers understand the importance of a neat and tidy appearance and cleanliness when serving food and drinks.
• Stamina: Busy days on your feet, moving fast and carrying large trays of food are the trademark of our Banquet Servers:
a. Able to carry 25 lbs on a large oval tray, lifting supplies or equipment of 30 lbs or more.
b. Frequent periods of pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching.
c. Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
d. Frequent agility and dexterity required.
• Functional knowledge of food techniques and their preparation.
• Positive attitude and an enthusiasm for the culinary world, wine and spirits
Apply on company website