- Teaching ground school for Basic Indoc, CRJ Initial/Transition course, CRJ Upgrade course, and CRJ Differences
- Developing curriculums/courseware
- Working on special projects as assigned
- Other assignments as needed (e.g., pilots returning from leave, pilots needing additional training, etc.)
- Maintain a high-level of proficiency of the SOPM.
- CRJ CL-65 Type Rating
- Customer service mindset toward job
- Willingness to work within the confines of SkyWest AQP
- Very high level of personal and corporate integrity
- Excellent ability to communicate ideas.
- Desire to collaborate with and work in a team
- Highly driven to excel in this position
- Cannot be in the DMA program (conflicts with pre-assignments)
- Cannot be in special tracking
- 500+ hours CRJ flight experience
- Previous teaching experience
- Current or previous pilot for SkyWest Airlines
When completing the job application, please address the competitive qualifications outlined above.
- Normally, groundschool assignments are pre-assigned
- Pre-assigned days are assigned by the Manager of Training Administration
- Pre-assigned days could vary between 0 and 21. After qualification the typical pre-assignment is 10-15 days
- Each pre-assigned day credits five hours (four hours for the first month of observation)
- Credit for work on days which are not pre-assigned (covering for sick instructor etc.) is based on the number of hours worked
- Assignments are often required on holidays
- Assignments are occasionally required on weekends
- Job code will continue as “Pilot.” Groundschool is considered an additional responsibility. As such, instructors are not bound by the PPM (MDG, overtime, etc.) during training department assignments. Training department policy, rules, and standards apply.
If you have specific questions which are not addressed above please contact Colby Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org or the next best way is at 801-258-4543.
Apply on company website