The Shipping Administrator manages the Smyth Minneapolis and the St. Paul finished goods warehouses. This position will also drive a Smyth truck and assist the shipping department on daily tasks and will back-up the Shipping Lead during absences. This position will show leadership in areas of Lean Manufacturing, KAIZEN, ISO quality systems, innovation and current systems technology.
- Compensation based on skills and experience.
- Employee Benefits: Medical, Dental, PTO, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, etc.
- Shift: Monday – Friday, days
Successful candidates will:
Manage the Smyth Minneapolis and St. Paul finished goods warehouses including coordinating the flow of incoming and outgoing product in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain an organized warehouse that maximizes space and efficiency while promoting a sanitary and safe work environment.
- Pull finished good releases, ensuring accuracy to orders, for the Smyth Minneapolis and St. Paul warehouses daily. Pack and label finished goods shipments as needed.
- Drive Smyth truck daily. Maintain Smyth truck logbook, license & registration and maintenance appointments and documentation.
- Conduct monthly cycle counts, quarterly and year-end complete physicals. Make reconciling adjustments as needed.
- Coordinate priorities with customer service for daily job shipments, including hot lists and special shipping instructions.
- Prepare and maintain shipping paperwork and records, including tracking and shipping history information.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a good team player, detail-oriented, and good at multi-tasking.
- Must possess good computer skills including ability to learn new computer systems (i.e. UPS software).
- Able to manage time effectively on multiple long and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines.
- Able to understand and help further enhance current business systems, processes, and workflows.
- Must have good math, reading, writing skills, and have the ability to tactfully communicate to customers and employees of all levels of the company.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and relationship building skills to effectively work with a diverse group/variety of people and personalities.
- Able to display high levels of customer service, responding promptly and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both internal and external to the organization.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of people inside and outside the organization, including possessing good English-speaking skills, fluency and understandability.
Education, Experience and Credentials
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Two or more years in a similar role required, preferably in the printing industry.
- Prior experience operating warehouse equipment, such as a forklift and electric pallet jack required.
- Must be willing to become certified/ complete safety training for forklift use.
- Previous experience with UPS and/or FedEx software preferred.
Apply on company website