Are you interested in how a government runs and keeping tabs on how it serves its citizens? Do you like looking for interesting feature stories that resonate with readers? The Snowmass Sun, which is a weekly publication produced through The Aspen Times, is looking for a reporter who can make covering town issues interesting but also knows a good feature story when they see one. The ideal candidate will cover issues in Snowmass Village, a resort town that includes the second-largest ski resort in Colorado, and also will be involved in events going on in Aspen. In this position you will not only have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented, passionate and fun-loving professionals in the business, but you will find a culture that values family, friends, and personal interests. We want a creative decision-maker who speaks their mind and voices concerns. We also want someone who will join us in enjoying this beautiful place we call home. We understand that relocating to a mountain community can be a little challenging (it is expensive, but so worth it) so we will offer subsidized housing. A full line of benefits also helps. The Sun and Times are award-winning publications that are valued in the communities they serve. Come be the voice of a great community.
Our application process is two parts. Please start here and complete the questionnaire. When complete, return to this page and click apply to complete your application.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Reporter generates 8-10 stories per week and will work with our on-staff photographer for planning corresponding photos and video.
- Demonstrates effective use of social media tools (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) to source stories and drive traffic to our website and print product.
- Ensure accuracy, fairness and correct spelling in all reporting and editing duties.
- Follow direction and vision of the editor.
- Make assigned deadlines without exception.
- Be ethical within the guidelines set by the editor.
- Be a team player and help where needed.
- College degree in journalism or communications preferred, but not required.
- Have at least two years of experience in newsrooms.
- Must have good written/verbal communication skills (Ability to speak, read and write English fluently and effectively).
- AP Style, social media, digital photo experience required.
- Driver's license, reliable transportation and current automobile insurance required.
Swift Communications is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website