Somerford House & Place Newark is a beautiful community in Newark, DE, with more than 120 units offering assisted living and Alzheimer's care.Key Responsibilities
At this time, we are seeking a Food and Beverage Director to join our team.
- Manages food supplies and personnel to ensure that operations for areas of responsibility are performed efficiently within established budget and in compliance with local, state and federal health regulations and Five Star policies, procedures and quality standards.
- Supervises department employees which includes:
- Assumes responsibility for recruiting, selecting, orientation and training competent department personnel.
- Evaluates employee performance and makes recommendations to the Executive Director concerning wage and salary adjustments, hiring, terminations and transfers.
- Monitors and corrects job performance of employees through progressive discipline.
- Ensures all employee paperwork, evaluations, payroll, and documentation is completed in a timely manner and reviewed/approved by the Executive Director before proceeding.
- Schedules department working hours, personnel, and work assignments to maintain quality service.Receives call outs and finds replacements for absent staff.Authorizes overtime as necessary.Reviews time records.Maintains attendance records.
- Ensures staff turnover is minimized and meets annualized percent goal.
- Educational preparation at a level appropriate to assure fulfillment of essential duties.
- Experience and/or training in nutrition, food preparation, safe food handling techniques and food service management required.
- Prefer two (2) years of food service supervisory experience in a restaurant setting focusing on food management, cost control and presentation.
- Computer skills are desired for food ordering, email, and report development/tracking.
- Must pass State and Company criminal background check.
DaytimeAbout Five Star
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website