Somerford House & Place Newark is a beautiful community in Newark, DE, with more than 120 units offering assisted living and Alzheimer's care.
At this time, we are seeking a Housekeeper to join our team!
- Performs housekeeping duties in the resident apartments and common areas of the community.
- Cleans (dust, dry mop, wet mop, sanitize, scrub) assigned resident apartments and common areas daily according to facility procedures.
- Disposes of trash and waste, other materials in a safe manner.
- Maintains par levels of supplies and assists with ordering of products.
- Washes and folds laundry. Distributes clean linens and towels. Maintains a stocked cleaning cart with needed items.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and respect for the rights, dignity and individuality of each resident in all interactions.
- Appreciates the importance of maintaining confidentiality of resident and facility information.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times in the care and use of resident and facility property.
- Able to understand and to follow written and verbal directions.
- Understand proper use of community equipment.
- Able effectively to communicate with the staff members and residents through verbal and/or written means.
- Sufficient mobility and strength to move freely through the building and to assist transfer or otherwise move residents of facility.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written and oral form) in a care setting with residents, families, staff.
- Must be able to climb, bend, lift, stoop, kneel, crawl, push, reach and carry, stand for extended periods of time and may be required to move furniture.
- Able to respond productively and to handle additional tasks/projects as assigned.
- Ability to detect odors and see spots and spills.
- Ability to move housekeeping cart with cleaning equipment.
- Passion for caring for elderly.
Our Core Values
- We Put People First
- We Act With Integrity
- We Mind the Business
- We Listen, Then Act Decisively
- We Work to be Our Best
Five Star Senior Living and Ageility are operating divisions of AlerisLife, a provider of an evolving portfolio of residential and lifestyle services to older adults who want to live life to the fullest. We are approximately 10,000 team members serving in 29 states as well as our corporate AlerisLife headquarters located outside of Boston. Together, we're assembling a suite of best-in-class products and services to inspire joyful living in a growing range of settings.
About Five Star The Five Star Senior Living division includes independent living, assisted living and Alzheimer's/memory care communities across the United States. When you join Five Star, you become part of a family where you'll be supported in your efforts, offered guidance in your career and celebrated for your unique talents. We're a team of dedicated professionals who make it possible for older adults to live their healthiest, happiest and most fulfilling lives. We hope you can join us and be part of an amazing team!
EEOC Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Apply on company website