Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Critical Care is a physician established and led group that partners with community hospitals to manage and improve ICUs nationwide. We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.The Team - The Hospital
We are looking for physicians to join our newest critical care program in beautiful Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Live in Birmingham and commute!
DCH Regional Medical Center is adjacent to the University of Alabama's campus and home to a large sub-specialty network providing the highest level of care to the region. Active cardiac, vascular, trauma, and neuroscience programs are at the core of the medical center's care network. A long-standing affiliation with the University of Alabama allows for a large complement of residents to support the hospital's mission and vision.
- 583-bed, regional medical center
- 32-bed ICU with primarily medical & surgical patients
- Teaching hospital with family medicine residents; In July 2021, 3rd and 4th-year medical students from UAB will begin rotating with us in ICU
- Phenomenal ICU nursing, respiratory therapy, pharmacy, & palliative care teams; We also have dedicated critical care pharmacists
- Two intensivists 7a-7p; Intensivist & APP 7p-7a
- MDRs are every day at 10:30 am
- 75th% of MGMA compensation + $40,000 commencement bonus + relocation allowance
- MD or DO
- Must be board certified or board eligible in Critical Care Medicine with 3+ years of experience
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sounds in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and filing services are covered
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Tuscaloosa is a welcoming community steeped in history and home to the University of Alabama. While Tuscaloosa takes great pride in the Crimson Tides sports teams, there is so much more that make this a great place to call home. Roughly 200,000 people live in Tuscaloosa County with continued growth due to our thriving economy. Tuscaloosa sits on the Black Warrior River and is surrounded by lakes which is great for outdoor enthusiasts. Several of the top-ranked golf courses in the country are right here in Tuscaloosa. Our cost of living is 12% below the US average, excellent public and private schools, as well as a lively downtown & music scene, are a few reasons Tuscaloosa is a great place to live. Birmingham is less than an hour away, with easy commutes to Atlanta, Nashville, and many beautiful beach communities on the Gulf Coast.
Join a Collegial Practice Where You ThriveSound Critical Care is a physician e...
Apply on company website