- Supervise and assist in the performance of maintenance and preventative maintenance of electrical fire alarms, CCTV, electronic security, PA, intercom and high voltage distribution systems and equipment.
- Read blueprints and wiring diagrams and make material take-offs.
- Requisition materials and parts needed.
- Ensure completion of installation and repairs.
- Make emergency repairs to electrical system and equipment.
- Perform on-the-job training of inmates.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
Open Until Filled
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma and trade experience that is directly related to the area of employment. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree;
- One (1) year working knowledge of principles and techniques of electronic systems;
- An Associate's Degree;
- Two (2) years' working knowledge of principles and techniques of electronic systems;
- A high school diploma;
- Three (3) years' working knowledge of principles and techniques of electronic systems.
Must complete four (4) weeks Basic Certification Training upon hire. Preferred Qualifications
Resume, license(s) and certification(s) should be submitted with application to be considered for position.Additional Comments
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Apply on company website