- Responsible for the Horticulture Program at a Medium/Maximum security correctional facility.
- Develop and implement a year-round horticulture program.
- Supervise inmate work detail.
- Perform basic grounds maintenance.
- Manage greenhouse, flower beds and vegetable garden.
- Administrative and other job duties as assigned.
Must attach a resume to the application to be considered for this position.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma and custodial, grounds keeping or maintenance experience directly related to the area of employment.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree
- Three (3) years of horticulture experience related to grounds maintenance, greenhouse management and landscaping experience
- An Associate's degree
- Four (4) years of horticulture experience related to grounds maintenance, greenhouse management and landscaping experience
- A High school diploma
- Five (5) years of horticulture experience related to grounds maintenance, greenhouse management and landscaping experience.
Must be able to obtain a SC Pesticide Applicator's License within one (1) year of hire.
Previous supervisory experience preferred.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Apply on company website